Scottish actor Gerard Butler said that he accidentally burned his face with phosphoric acid during the filming of the movie “Wreck”. This is reported by NME.
The actor, who plays the role of pilot Brody Torrance in the new thriller, told about an incident that happened to him during the filming of a scene where Butler’s character is trying to fix the brake before takeoff. “No matter what I do, I manage to hurt myself,” the actor said.
According to Butler, he did not understand what kind of liquid was in front of him on the set. He also added that everything took place on a hot day in Puerto Rico, and the actor was sweating a lot.
“I rubbed my face and felt it burning,” Butler recalls. The actor said that the acid got into his nose and throat.
Butler recalls that “his face burned for several hours” after the incident.